Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Book Review: Maid for the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello

Maid for the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello (Legacy Collection, Book 1)



Publisher & Release Date: Self-Published, November 23, 2013

Time and setting: Present Day, Boston, China

Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic

Length:  221 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Rating: 5 Gold Crowns

Book Description: 

Dominic Corisi knew instantly that Abigail Dartley was just the distraction he was looking for, especially since having her took a bit more persuading than he was used to. So when business forces him to fly to China, he decides to take her with him, but on his terms. No promises. No complications. Just sex.

Abby has always been the responsible one. She doesn’t believe in taking risks; especially when it comes to men - until she meets Dominic. He’s both infuriating and intoxicating, a heady combination. Their trip to China revives a long-forgotten side of Abby but also reveals a threat to bring down Dominic’s company. With no time to explain her actions, Abby must either influence the outcome of his latest venture and save his company or accept her role as his mistress and leave his fate to chance. Does she love him enough to risk losing him for good?

Buy Links:



Add to Goodreads:


Vikki’s Musings

I have really gotten lucky lately at finding new to me authors. I was intrigued by the title, and the book description sounded interesting. Since not only was this book FREE, it also had the audio version for $1.99. I downloaded it right away. I’m so glad I did. This is a great book.

Maid for a Billionaire starts out by introducing me to the hero, Dominic Corisi. He’s an angry, bitter man, feeling that his father has escaped the downfall Dom had planned for him. Although he is not shown in the best light, there was something about him that called to me, and I had to find out what made him such a hard man.

When he meets Abby, the heroine, he again does not show the best side of his personality, but I was compelled to read on. Now Abby Dartley is a sweetheart of a character from the first scene. She is the perfect woman for Dominic. She is quiet and reserved, nothing like any woman Dom has ever been attracted to before, but there is steel in her backbone. Abby’s character had to grow up quickly when her parents died and she had to assume responsibility for her much younger sister. This makes her very risk averse, and having a relationship with Dominic is way out of her comfort zone.

For me, this was a riveting read. The pacing is fast, but at the same time, it did not feel rushed. Ms. Cardello’s writing is smooth and flowing and a joy to read. The plot, while common in romances written recently, involving a billionaire, is told in a refreshing manner. She gives just the right amount of detail when describing the surroundings without taking too far. I could see the garden she visits in China, visualize the flowers, smell them even. I love when that happens.

I LOVE Kim Bubbs narration. She is one of the best narrators I have listened to recently. Her ability to give each character their own distinctive voice is amazing. So many of them have different accents, but she handles it beautifully. Her well-modulated tone pulls me into the story and was a joy to listen to. I will definitely look for other books narrated by her.

If you are looking for a billionaire story that has complex characters and an interesting plot, the I highly recommend Maid for the Billionaire. I have already downloaded the next book, and so far, it is as great as this one. I think I’m going to having a long relationship with Ms. Cardello since there are seven books in this series. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment