Tuesday, February 23, 2016

New Release: Miss Kathleen's Scandalous Baron by Vikki Vaught

Thanks for stopping by today. The spotlight is on my new release, Miss Kathleen's Scandalous Baron, Book 2 of my Honorable Rogue series. For the next 5 days, you can download Lady Overton's Perilous Journey for FREE and purchase Miss Kathleen's Scandalous Baron for 99 cents! Happy reading!

Lady Overton’s Perilous Journey (Honorable Rogue, Book 1)



Publisher & Release Date: Enticing Pleasures Romance, February 21, 2016

Time and setting: 1802, England, America

Genre: Historical Romance/Regency

Length:  280 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Book Description: 

When her son’s life is threatened, Lady Overton seeks a vessel bound for America. Before the ship even reaches the high seas, sparks fly between her and Captain Alex Hawks. Although the young widow may be lonely and afraid, she cannot risk the diversion a romantic entanglement could bring, no matter how much she wants to lose herself in the captain’s embrace.

The Captain vows to protect the little marquess, but can offer no assurance that the marchioness will leave his ship with her virtue intact. Alex is drawn to Anissa’s beauty and courage. How long can he fight a losing battle before he surrenders and makes her his own?

Will Alex be able to keep this remarkable woman and her child safe? Will his passion for Anissa be enough or will their differences keep them apart?

Buy Link:


Add to Goodreads:


Excerpt:

She cuddled her sleeping child close as she scanned the common area. Her insides churned as she wove her way through the crowded tables, the chairs filled with dirty, unsavory-looking men. The strong smell of sweat mingled with ale threatened to turn her stomach and had her breathing through her mouth.
Anissa approached the man the stable boy had described. “Sir, are you Captain Hawks?”
He turned around, and in a drawling voice, he answered, “Well, darlin’, that’s my name.” He swept his tri-corn hat from his head, stood and bowed. “Captain Alex Hawks, at your service. What can I do for you?”
Anissa gazed up into the blackest eyes she had ever seen and wanted to fall into them. Mesmerized, she blinked as a shiver ran across her shoulders. This was not the time to notice this man’s eyes, no matter how compelling they were. Now was the time to use her charms to convince him to take her on his ship.
“My name is—” she quickly searched for a name, not wanting to give him her identity, “—Mrs. Carlson. I would like to pay for passage on your ship. I understand you are leaving for America this morning.” Then, thinking of a city she had heard of in America, she added, “I need to go to Boston, where some of my family live. Would you be able to help me?”
Captain Hawks gave her an appraising stare, which unnerved her. This man was intimidating, to say the least. “I’m not going to Boston. And, I don’t normally take on passengers. I’m headed to Baltimore, and it’s a far piece from Boston, darlin’.”
“Please take me. I have to leave for America as soon as possible.” Anissa had to convince him to allow her passage. “And as far as your destination is concerned, I’m sure once I am in America, I shall be able to travel to Boston from there.”
“Darlin’, do you even know where Baltimore is and how far it is from Boston?”
Anissa wished he would quit calling her darling. It was quite presumptuous of him, and she did not appreciate it at all. Of course, she did not want to anger him, so she kept her feelings to herself. “Well, no, not really. How far is it?”
“It’s over four hundred miles,” Captain Hawks explained as if he were speaking to a child, which further irritated her, tugging at her frazzled nerves. “You would be better served if you found a passenger ship going there. I have an associate who should be arriving in a few days, and his ship is going to Boston. He also takes passengers. I’m sure he would be happy to take you on board.”
Oh, dear, why did I say Boston? Please, Lord, let me convince him to take me.
Every hour brought her closer to the chance of discovery. She could not afford to wait for another ship. She needed to get as far away from Lord Howard as possible, immediately.
“Captain, I do not have a few days to wait. My uncle is dreadfully ill. He may only have a few months to live, so I need to leave right away. Please allow me to travel on your ship.” She looked up at him, willing a few tears into her eyes, praying to gain his sympathy.
Captain Hawks sighed and rolled his obsidian eyes toward the ceiling. “I know I’m going to regret this. All right, darlin’, if it’s that important, I’ll take you. I hope you realize how uncomfortable this voyage will be for you and the child. The cabin you will be in barely has room to turn around in. Are you sure you don’t want to reconsider?”
“We shall be fine, regardless of the conditions.”
He shook his head, sending her heart to the floor.
Oh, Lord, please don’t let him change his mind.
What shall I do if he has?


Miss Kathleen’s Scandalous Baron (Honorable Rogue, Book 2)


Publisher & Release Date: Enticing Pleasures Romance, February 21, 2016

Time and setting: 1803, London & Dorsetshire

Genre: Historical Romance/Regency

Length:  272 pages

Heat Level: 3 Flames

Book Description: 

When an innocent, young miss from Baltimore meets the scandalous baron, Lord Billingsley, will she manage to reform him, or will he lead her astray?

When the beautiful American debutante, Miss Kathleen Hawks, arrives for the London season, the last thing she expects is an attraction to the scandalous Baron Billingsley. He’s the kind of aristocrat she detests, one who only cares for his pleasures.

Andrew Grainger is handsome, young and very wealthy. He loves carousing with his pack of friends from his schooldays. When he stumbles across the prim, yet charming Miss Hawks, he should avoid her at any cost. After all, she’s an innocent, barely out of the schoolroom. But…there’s just something about her he finds irresistible.

When a chance encounter leads to scandal for the pair, they must choose to brave the Beau Monde, or give into its dictates. Is there any possibility that what appears to be a match made in Hades, could turn into a match made in heaven?   

Buy Link:

Add to Goodreads:


Excerpt:

After a full night’s rest, Kathleen awakened early the next day. The duchess had assigned a maid to help her and soon she was dressed. Taking the servant with her for propriety’s sake, she made her way to Hyde Park for her early morning constitutional. While it wasn’t as enjoyable as her solitary walks on the beach, nonetheless, it gave her a chance to walk off her excess energy.
While briskly walking along one of the many paths in the park, she almost ran into, of all people, Lord Billingsley. That same feeling started in the pit of her belly. She did not understand why this man affected her so. When their hands had touched during the dance they shared last fall, her palms tingled and grew clammy, and her breath quickened, just as it was doing now.
She tried to shake off her body’s reaction as she stopped to allow the baron to pass. She couldn’t help noticing the man looked as if he’d spent the night somewhere other than his bed. His cravat hung loosely around his neck, his bottleneck green evening jacket had a tear at the shoulder and a smudge of dirt marred the sleeve. His red-gold hair looked tousled as well. Obviously, he was returning home from a night of carousing with his reprobate friends.
He swept off his top hat and bowed. “Well, if it isn’t the lovely Miss Hawks,” he declared, his speech slightly slurred. “It’s a pleasure to see you again, but I thought you were in Devonshire. When did you return to London, my beauty?”
Irritated beyond endurance by Lord Billingsley’s inebriated condition and outrageous comments, all thoughts of propriety fled from her mind, and Kathleen stamped her slender foot. “It’s none of your business when I arrived. I dare say you’re returning from a night of debauchery. Don’t you care that you’re ruining your life?”
The baron straightened up. “I do not see where it’s any of your business how I choose to live my life. I’m a young man about town, and I’m going to enjoy myself. I can see your time in the country has not improved your sanctimonious attitude.”
“Oh, there’s no use talking to you,” she retorted, “If you will move out of my way, so I can continue my walk, I would relish it.”
Swaying slightly, the obnoxious lord grabbed the lamppost, laughing. “Of course, don’t let me stop you.” Then giving her a sly smile, he added, “You know, it’s a shame such a pretty little thing like you is such a...prude.”
“Well, I never!” Kathleen grabbed her maid’s arm and marched off.



No comments:

Post a Comment